English speakers........

If you don't speak German you can discuss Skywarn in English here.
Herman Harperink
Beitrag von Herman Harperink » Donnerstag 28. Juni 2007, 23:30

People who know all about Skywarn, the ins and outs.

Herman
Bild

DL4PLM
Beitrag von DL4PLM » Freitag 29. Juni 2007, 08:13

i would probably say they are very very few in EU .......

and would also suggest that you dont fall into the US trap - not everything they do is perfect!

seems to me that skywarn in EU is evolving from the increased extreme weather we are having - and without a doubt despite what some may deny - will increase to see across Europe.

If you dont have a good management team - create one - find some good guys with a good interest and knowledge and use the materials from the US as a basis to move forward on.

We dont have access to the same tools for example as the US - so we need to adapt to what we do have access too or make people aware that we need them.

Governments in Europe dont yet realise the need for these organisations - I remember my involvement in the UK with emergency radio amateur teams (RAYNET) - we were looked on as strange funny guys with no real use. But .... after Lockerbie the authorities really realised the value and that their own systems and organisation could not handle the situations like our own comms systems and we became valuable.

From what I see in EU this is the same - it takes time - and people and those people wont probably exist today - so they need to be created .... I am sure there will be no shortage of volunteers.

:wink:

from what I see the biggest leap for me was finding the stand at the Messe in FDN - Ive been looking for years for this organisation....

glad to have found you!

:P
never let your right hand know what the left middle hand is doing ....

Marko Korosec
Beitrag von Marko Korosec » Samstag 7. Juli 2007, 14:43

Hey guys,

our Slovenian skywarn website is online with basic information and stuff. More details e.g. spotting documents etc. will come in the next weeks.

www.skywarn.si

Regards,
Marko
storm chase /weather photos: www.weather-photos.net
skywarn Slovenia: www.skywarn.si
severe storms research: www.inflowjet.net (under construction)

Herman Harperink
Beitrag von Herman Harperink » Samstag 7. Juli 2007, 15:07

That's very nice, though I can't read a word in your language.
Keep it up!

Herman
Bild

Marko Korosec
Beitrag von Marko Korosec » Samstag 7. Juli 2007, 15:58

Herman Harperink hat geschrieben:That's very nice, though I can't read a word in your language.
Keep it up!

Herman
Thanks. Hehe, yes its difficult to read I guess :) I am thinking of making also an English translation besides, its actually helpful since we all collaborate in EU skywarn.

Regards,
Marko
storm chase /weather photos: www.weather-photos.net
skywarn Slovenia: www.skywarn.si
severe storms research: www.inflowjet.net (under construction)

Cumulus Humilis
1. Vorsitzender

Beitrag von Cumulus Humilis » Montag 9. Juli 2007, 17:55

Hello Marko,

your website looks very good!
Marko Korosec hat geschrieben: Thanks. Hehe, yes its difficult to read I guess :) I am thinking of making also an English translation besides, its actually helpful since we all collaborate in EU skywarn.
This would really be a good job and much appreciated, because we do not have so many Slovenian-speakers in Europe, I'm afraid. ;)

Best,
Andreas
--
Potz Blitz!

CROMETEO
Beitrag von CROMETEO » Donnerstag 10. Juli 2008, 20:47

is there a place where you discuss about forecasts, esp. when major stroms / tornado outbreak is possible?

Also is skywarn connected to Estofex?
Crometeo forum: www.crometeo.net
Crometeo site: www.crometeo.hr
Crometeo meteo stations network: www.pljusak.com
Crometeo GFS: http://maps.meteoadriatic.net

Cumulus Humilis
1. Vorsitzender

Beitrag von Cumulus Humilis » Freitag 11. Juli 2008, 11:20

Hello,
CROMETEO hat geschrieben:is there a place where you discuss about forecasts, esp. when major stroms / tornado outbreak is possible?
we do that normally in the board called "Wetter". It is mostly in German, now - but I don't see any reason why we should not start a thread in English there if we have an interesting situation outside of Germany. However, we could start that thread here as well.

The forum software is to be updated soon, and within this the forum will be a bit reorganised, particularly there will be some sub-boards which will for instance (hopefully) make weather discussions and the international part better to handle.
Also is skywarn connected to Estofex?
Yes, we foster a cooperation as we do with the ESWD as well and I know at least one ESTOFEX forecaster (Oliver) is also a member of Skywarn.

Cheers,
Andreas
--
Potz Blitz!

CROMETEO
Beitrag von CROMETEO » Freitag 11. Juli 2008, 23:54

Danke schoen!

Ich spreche auch ein bischen Deutsch :lol:
Crometeo forum: www.crometeo.net
Crometeo site: www.crometeo.hr
Crometeo meteo stations network: www.pljusak.com
Crometeo GFS: http://maps.meteoadriatic.net

Michal Wasikowski

Re: English speakers........

Beitrag von Michal Wasikowski » Sonntag 23. August 2009, 23:12

Hello guys!

I come from Poland and tomorrow morning (monday) I'm starting my journey to southen Germany in order to chase T-storms on tuesday and wednesday.

It would be a great pleasure to meet with German storm chasers and to chase theese storms by cars.

Is there anybody, who is going to chase tuesday and wednesday T-storms with a car?

I will be hitch hiking to Germany and I will stay in a tent. Will anbody join me?

If yes, please text me a message (+48 609 80 20 10) or e-mails (michal.wasikowski@gmail.com). I have internet access in my mobile, so I can recive e-mails.

Best wishes and see you in southern Germany!

Michał Wąsikowski
michal.wasikowski@gmail.com
mobile: +48 609 80 20 10

Antworten

Zurück zu „Skywarn International“